Lichfield City Academy- v Hednesford Town FC

On a windy and storm threatened night Lichfield City Academy played the first floodlit game on the new 3G pitch and what a perfomance they produced in the Staffs County u18 cup, beating Hednesford Town FC 14-1.

The first half Lichfield City had the strong wind at their backs and started the game on the front foot, with their 4th game in 6 days freshness in the team was required and Charlie Wakeman at right back came into the team and produced a solid performance with a quality assist in the second half. Jordan lewis looked sharp upfront causing the Hednesford Town defenders problems with his skill & running ability and after 5 minutes opened the scoring with the first ever goal on the pitch. Owen Rees-James started to provide great link play with the impressive Oliver Dolman and worked their magic to see Belcher go close again. Lichfield were on their game and started to look to play good passing with speck in midfield scoring 2 goals and producing a solid and energised performance. Ben & Henry were class perfomers at the back and ensured Hednesford had no counter attacks. Callum spittle tried his luck with a magnificent 30 yard strike that rattled the crossbar. Addy produced a better performance to his standards of play and scored a good goal turning his marker and with his left foot sending the goal keeper the wrong way from 25 yards. Owen Rees-James went clear and the goal keeper produced a good save. 6-0 at half time was a fair result as the team played really well.

Lichfield City Academy- v Hednesford Town FC

The second half allowed Jordan to produce his hatrick on a great nights work and Belcher with his first start impressed his team mates with a great hatrick. Ben, Speck Alex & Wes were able to enjoy a rest after playing very impressively over the past week. This allowed Owen Mitchelle & Jack Oleary to perform really well in the second half. The partnership of Benton & O’leary in the second half was exciting with both players looking dangerous and creative when receiving the football. Owen Mitchell delighting the crowd with 2 wonderful finishes which was great to witness. The dozen team mates in the crowd showed great team spirit shouting from the side and applauding their mates which im sure motivated the team.

Owen-Rees finally got his deserved goal with a great run and dribble down the left side with a smart finish, with Oliver floating a free kick into the top corner the score line became very impressive. The last 15 minutes Lichfield City played with ten men as all subs had been used with Jordy suffering an injury. That left Benton to finish in style after some fantastic 50 yard passes he located himself in the box and drifted past two markers to unleash a rocket strike into the top of the net from 20 yards.

The specailist media expert Isaac filmed the game and this will be a great watch for the lads.

A wonderful nights work and we wish the lads good luck against Stafford Rangers FC away in the next round.